Sophie, Stella, and Adeline’s Tropical Green Smoothie
Smoothies are a quick and easy way to get the nutrients from fruits and veggies in our body, especially for kids. For those who have a hard time getting their greens in, drinking them is much easier! Sophie, Stella, and Adeline aren’t big breakfast eaters, but LOVE a good smoothie in the morning. It provides several nutrients and is a great easy meal to keep them full until lunchtime! I personally use a Vitamix blender and LOVE IT! The Vitamix purees any kind of fruit and vegetable so that it comes out smooth with no pulp. I highly recommend it but any blender will work for this meal! Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Yields: 1 serving (we triple the recipe to make three 8 oz smoothies)
• 4oz fresh squeezed orange juice
• 1 generous handful of spinach (1 cup, packed)
• ½ cup fresh mango (cut and diced)
• ½ cup fresh pineapple (cut and diced)
• ½ cup fresh strawberries (pitted and cut in half)
• 1 banana
1. Load ingredients into the blender in the order listed above and add one cup of ice at the end. Securely place the lid on top.
2. Press the smoothie button and blend for about 30-40 seconds.
3. Pour smoothie into cups, add a straw, and enjoy!
In order to save time, you can also pre-cut the mango, pineapple, strawberries, and banana. After, put them in individual ziplock bags and throw them in the freezer. It will save you a lot of time if your on the go!